- Location– Hugging the Mediterranean coast from Provence in the east, down to the Spanish border, the Languedoc is the real South of France. Hailed as the New Provence, this unspoilt region has all the attractions of Provence, but without the price tag!!
- Climate – The majority of the Languedoc enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with long hot summers and short, mild winters. In fact, the area around the Gulf of Lyon boasts 300 days of sunshine a year, making it the sunniest place in France.
- Great Transport Links – with 5 regional airports within an hour and a half’s drive, 3 major international airports within 3 hours, international high speed rail links and one of the best road systems in Europe, getting to the Languedoc is becoming easier by the day, wherever you are coming from.
- Stunning landscape – Rolling vineyards fringed with cypresses, medieval castles and ruins atop craggy hills, fragrant olive groves, endless sandy beaches, vibrant colourful cities and picture postcard villages – what more could you want……?
- Wine – This is the largest wine producing region not only in France, but in the world! Since the ‘90s, the quality of wine being produced in this region has improved dramatically and internationally, the reputation of Languedoc wines is soaring
- The Canal du Midi – This marvel of engineering built in the 17th Century runs the breath of the Languedoc. It has become one of the region’s major tourist attractions and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1996. With its tree lined towpaths, stone bridges, locks and endless vista, it is truly magical!
- Property Values –Affordable, affordable, affordable……… for the moment. It may not be the one of the richest regions in France yet, but with tourism on the rise, a lot of money is being invested in the region, which makes it a good place to invest in real estate now.
- Interesting real estate – From chateaux to village houses, coastal property to mountain chalets, wine domains to building plots, the Languedoc offers something for every taste and every budget.
From manor houses …….. to village houses …….
- Popular Tourist Destination – In the last few years, there has been an explosion in tourism in the Languedoc. Demand for accommodation far outstrips supply, so an investment property that can be let out in the summer offers great returns.
- Lifestyle – the Southern French are renowned for their ‘laid back’ lifestyle and their ability to enjoy the good things in life – friendship, good food and great wine! For a slice of authentic French lifestyle, head this way. Indeed, it is ranked the 3rd best place to retire to in France by International Living Magazine for this very reason.
We love sharing information on the region or details of real estate here, please just get in touch for more!